Earlier in the summer my step sister and I headed off for a day of pampering, gossip and spaaaah. Set in the beautiful surroundings of Monmouthshire, Cwrt Bleddyn is hidden away on an old country road with stunning views as you drive into the grounds.
We’d bought an offer from KGB deals, quite the bargain too at £25 each. I have seen similar offers on KGB but can’t spot anything running at the moment. For this we had access to the pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, small relaxation room, 25 minute treatment and afternoon tea. Here’s the lowdown on our visit:
- The staff are lovely and really attentive.
- My massage was so relaxing and soothing, my spa therapist managed to make 25 minutes feel like well over an hour.
- The champagne room in the hotel was adorable, I’d love to spend a night there drinking copious amounts of bubbles with the Gingerbeard man before retiring to a oldy worldy hotel room.
- The afternoon tea was tasty, just what we needed after having a swim and working up an appetite. We indulged in delectable cucumber finger sandwiches, delicious cakes and traditional welsh cakes, washed down with tea and champagne.
- Unfortunately the outside of the spa is a little tired and it’s a shame that you have to walk through the gym to get to the spa area.
- The chairs in the relaxation room could be a little more comfortable and it is a bit small.
- For me, the area around the pool should be relaxing and very comfortable so you can snuggle up in your robe. Investing in some cosy and inviting, yet pool appropriate seating could be a winner.
- I was really disappointed that we weren’t offered slippers and robes. A snug spa day is what it’s all about.
That said, the good outweighs the bad in this spa and with a few minor changes it could be fabulous.
I think i may have turned my sister into the new spa queen and she’s taking over my reign. Every time I see her on Facebook she’s off for another spa day. Relaxing in your downtime is what it’s all about though. Thanks for an awesome day Lisa, it was such a good chance to catch up and giggle over stories about boys. I’ll never forget us laughing away over champagne after the “who calls” incident! Haha.