So, it’s been a while but one of my ‘new year’s resolutions’ is to blog more. I know I know, I hate that phrase too but there’s something about starting afresh putting positive ideas or goals in place. We all need something to work towards right?
My goals for 2013 are:
- Have loads of fun celebrating my best friend’s 30th birthday, no matter what she chooses to do! (Bit of a given but hey, it’s happening in 2013!)
- Look into more freelance writing and marketing opportunities; it’s when I’m at my happiest.
- Work on a beauty media project with Farrah (sneak peek in the next 3-6 months).
- Spend more time on my photography, after attending a course in beautiful Bakewell and having equipment for Christmas I have no excuse now.
- Be less disappointed when others don’t appear to appreciate the things I do for them. It’s all about being a good person rather than the compliments received.
- Look after myself more with regular de-stressing spa days, the first of which is booked for the end of January. #12monthsofspa
The Gingerbeard Man has one goal for 2013; sell his very tasty American style pulled pork at a small event. With cooking being one of his biggest passions he has his heart set on sharing his very delicious signature dish with others this year. First stop will be our family trip to Centre Parcs where nearly 16 of us will tuck into the shredded style pork. No doubt I’ll be on hand as sous chef!
Have you made any new year’s resolutions or positive changes for 2013?
A side note of happiness…
A friend of mine shared that for the past few years on NYE her and two friends have answered 20 questions about where they are in their lives while looking back at the previous year’s answers. She talked of how it brought back fond memories of what has been achieved or overcome in the past year and how much they have all grown into the people they are. I thought this was a lovely idea and I think I may start it myself next NYE.